It's time to think about the delicate art of fall layering. It takes some smart planning and a keen eye to put together a cohesive outfit. The key is to know how to balance proportions by playing with textures and silhouettes, that will build elegance and intrigue to your wardrobe.
Here are a few of my favorite tips:
1) A crisp white shirt-even with just the sleeves, collar and or cuff visible, lays a polished foundation, so the rest of your outfit can be more relaxed. We love this white shirt by 6bySix, $78.00 available at One Brilliant.
2) A sculptural short-sleeve top or jacket refines separates just enough. We love this short-sleeve cropped lace faux leather top by Dora Landa $148.00 available at One Brilliant.
3) Make like a street style star and tie a sweater or sweatshirt around your waist, it is very nonchalant while adding another layer of interest.
4) Items like cigarette pants, slim-cut jeans, leggings and or tapered pants can really show off your figure underneath the layers, and work well to balance out proportions. We love these tapered pants by Fifteen Twenty $98.00 available at One Brilliant.
5) Go for lightweight sweaters in slick finishes. We love this Central Park West lightweight sweater vest $138.00 available at One Brilliant.
6) If you want to lengthen your legs, pair your opaque tight with a matching shoe or bootie.
7) Keep in mind tone-on-tone pieces are slimming and will always keep your look clean and concise.
By Suzanne Mauro, AICI