The Denim shirt, this pretty basic is just dying to do more for your wardrobe. Here are some style tips to remix your basic chambray.
1. Go for a shirt with a curved hem. The higher sides draw attention away from your thighs and will not add volume to your hips.
2. Go shrunken over long & open the collar a bit. We love this denim shirt by Nic+Zoe, $118.00 available at One Brilliant. Paired with a bold Tracy Reese cropped sweater, $188.00 available at One Brilliant.
3. Cinch your waist. Try leaving the two bottom buttons undone and then tie the tails together in a loose knot.
4. Do the half tuck. One side in and one side out and the whole back untucked, to still have back coverage.
5. Try a stay-put rolling trick. Pull cuffs back and up to your elbows, making one long fold. Then roll up the sleeve from the bottom once or twice and fold the cuff down.
Suzanne Mauro, AICI