No matter what the season or the trends, we at One Brilliant share these timeless rules, that will take the guesswork out of getting dressed.
1) Use casual to elevate dressy - Nothing says "confident, effortless style" like combining elements from two different dress codes and pulling it off. Try a chunky sweater with a dressy skirt. We went for this Petite Pois crepe skirt $118.00 and Elie Tahari textured cashmere sweater $398.00 all available at One Brilliant.
2) Mix something masculine with feminine - A mash-up of ladylike and tomboy elements creates a look neither too tough nor too fancy. Try feminine silhouettes in classic menswear textiles or try a basic oxford with a delicate feminine top. We just love this LM Style Bar Black Jacket $298.00 paired with the Westen high waist pant $148.00 and Scala crinkled white tank $48.00 all available at One Brilliant.
3) Wear just one color but vary the tones - Pulling together a monochromatic outfit is easy, but make it look more dynamic by mixing light and dark versions of the same shade. We love our version of gray. Nic & Zoe gray knit skirt $138.00, Ecru suede gray shirt $158.00 and Picadilly gray poncho $78.00 all available at One Brilliant.
4) Style around your shoes - One of my favorite ways to style an outfit is to start from the bottom and work up. Letting your footwear shape the colors, the silhouettes and the prints of your outfit, ensures that you will be put together top too toe.
5) When in doubt define your waist - one of our favorite things to do at One Brilliant is try on our fabulous belts. No matter what type of middle you are starting with, narrowing it is an instantly slimming strategy. Add a belt to a dress or long sweater and instantly look chic. We love this Brave belt $ 118.00 paired with the Cartise long sweater $198.00, available at One Brilliant.
Suzanne Mauro, AICI
styling and photos by Suzanne Mauro