Yes, white in winter, you've probably heard it's quite acceptable, but how do you actually commit to wearing it when all your life you were told it was wrong.
Here are 5 styling tips to get your head around wearing white in winter and start looking Wow!
1. Mix it Up - One way to make white feel right in winter is to pair white with black. Mix a soft white cashmere sweater with a pair of black skinny jeans or try an all white dress with black hose and booties. It is very modern and chic.
2. Go for Off-Whites - Try a softer shade of white for winter. Creamy whites look warmer and weightier and add depth to your look. They also will not wash you out the way a bright white does. We just love this textured leather top by Aysha, $228.00 available at One Brilliant. We paired it with a pewter glove and cream cashmere wrap, both available at One Brilliant.
These snowy shades communicate richness and elegance.
3. Vary the Texture - Be sure to incorporate some texture into your outfit. For example, try a lovely soft flowing long cream skirt worn with a chunky cable knit white sweater.
4. Add Some Glitz - If you want to elevate white to a place of total elegance, then a bit of shine goes a long way. Try a pair of soft wool white pants with a creamy sweater and add some silver embellishments. Even better try a shoe with a touch of metallic. I just love silver shoes with an all white outfit.
5. Change your Fabrics - The key to wearing white in winter is also the fabrics. Think mixed cottons, wool and denim and don't be afraid to mix them up.
Our favorite winter white skirt is the lauren skirt by Aysha, $298.00 available at One Brilliant.
Suzanne Mauro, AICI